This is a degree map for Thomas Edison State University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration Human Resources Management/Organizational Management built by DegreeForum.net user sanantone. Please check your specific TESU catalog to ensure the degree requirements match those listed here.
Please note that this degree map only includes the area of study requirements, and you should combine these courses with a general education requirement map (such as Sanantone's General Education Options).
Six credits are needed.
- College Algebra or Quantitative Analysis: ALEKS (College Algebra or College Algebra with Trigonometry), Straighterline College Algebra, CLEP College Algebra, Saylor Beginning Algebra (transcribed as College Algebra), TECEP College Algebra, CSU Global CBE Quantitative Business Analysis, and UExcel Quantitative Analysis
- Any College-Level Mathematics Course: This includes Intermediate Algebra and Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics. ALEKS might be best option.
- Financial Accounting: CLEP, UExcel, TECEP, CSU Global CBE, or Straighterline (Accounting I)
- Managerial Accounting: UExcel, TECEP, CSU Global CBE or Straighterline (Accounting II)
- Principles of Finance: DSST and UExcel
- Business Law: CLEP, UExcel, Straighterline, Saylor (Business Law and Ethics), CSU Global CBE (The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business)
- Business in Society or International Management: TECEP
- Strategic Management: TECEP (can no longer be transferred from outside sources)
- Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS: CLEP (Information Systems and Computer Applications), DSST (Introduction to Computing or Management Information Systems), TECEP Computer Concepts and Applications, and Saylor (Introduction to Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Marketing: CLEP, Saylor, and UExcel
- Principles of Management: CLEP, UExcel ECEP, Saylor, and Straighterline
- Microeconomics: Straighterline, UExcel, TECEP, and CLEP
- Macroeconomics: Straighterline, UExcel, ECEP, and CLEP
- Business/Managerial Communications: Straighterline, Saylor (Corporate Communication), UExcel (Workplace Communication with Computers), TECEP
Human Resources Area of Specialization
18 credits required, minimum of 12 upper level credits.
- Human Resource Management (UL) – DSST or Uexcel ECEP
- Organizational Behavior (UL) – DSST, Straighterline, or Uexcel ECEP
- Organizational Theory or Organizational Development and Change (UL): CSU Global CBE Organizational Development?
Human Resource Electives
- Uexcel ECEP Labor Relations (UL)
- TECEP: Negotiations and Conflict Management?
- ACE-Approved Penn Foster Courses (verify status) – Compensation Management, Employee Benefits, and/or Training Concepts
- According to TESC's website as of 05/30/2014, a Public Relations and Organizational Communication or Managerial Communication course can be used.
- TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice
- A communications course that hasn't been used in gen ed: Saylor Corporate Communication, Straighterline Business Communication, Uexcel Workplace Communication with Computers, or Align Degree Organizational Communication. CSU Global CBEs in communications may also work. Refer to their website for a list and get them pre-approved by TESU.
- Colorado State University Competency-Based Exam (equivalencies unknown):
- Human Resources Management and Development
- Managing and Leading Team Dynamics
- Employment Law, Compensation, and Policy
- Training and Staff Development
- Applied Organizational Psychology
- Leading Authentically
- Communicating and Relationships in Negotiating
- Principles of Effective Leadership
- Communication Strategies for Leaders
- Conflict Management and Negotiation
6 credits from any course or test accepted by TESU.
The rest of the general education requirements are listed in Sanantone's General Education Options