This is a degree map for Thomas Edison State University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Computer Information Systems built by DegreeForum.net user sanantone. Please check your specific TESU catalog to ensure the degree requirements match those listed here.
Please note that this degree map only includes the area of study requirements, and you should combine these courses with a general education requirement map (such as Sanantone's General Education Options).
Six credits are needed.
- College Algebra or Quantitative Analysis: ALEKS (College Algebra or College Algebra with Trigonometry), Straighterline College Algebra, CLEP College Algebra, Saylor Beginning Algebra (transcribed as College Algebra), TECEP College Algebra, CSU Global CBE Quantitative Business Analysis, and UExcel Quantitative Analysis
- Any College-Level Mathematics Course: This includes Intermediate Algebra and Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics. ALEKS might be best option.
- Financial Accounting: CLEP, UExcel, TECEP, CSU Global CBE, or Straighterline (Accounting I)
- Managerial Accounting: UExcel, TECEP, CSU Global CBE or Straighterline (Accounting II)
- Principles of Finance: DSST and UExcel
- Business Law: CLEP, UExcel, Straighterline, Saylor (Business Law and Ethics), CSU Global CBE (The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business)
- Business in Society or International Management: TECEP, Study.com (BUS-308)
- Strategic Management: TECEP (can no longer be transferred from outside sources)
- Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS: CLEP (Information Systems and Computer Applications), DSST (Introduction to Computing or Management Information Systems), TECEP Computer Concepts and Applications, and Saylor (Introduction to Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Marketing: CLEP, Saylor, and UExcel
- Principles of Management: CLEP, UExcel ECEP, Saylor, and Straighterline
- Microeconomics: Straighterline, UExcel, TECEP, and CLEP
- Macroeconomics: Straighterline, UExcel, ECEP, and CLEP
- Business/Managerial Communications: Straighterline, Saylor (Corporate Communication), UExcel (Workplace Communication with Computers), TECEP
CIS Area of Specialization
18 credits required, minimum of 12 upper level credits.
Programming Language – CSU Global CBE (Basic Programming), Uexcel (Introduction to Computer Programming Using Java), Penn Foster (verify ACE approval) or Straighterline (Introduction to Programming in C++)
Systems Analysis and Design (UL) - CSU Global CBE for Information Systems Analysis and Design (CIS-320)
DSST Management Information Systems (UL)
TECEP Network Technology (UL)
DSST Fundamentals of Cybersecurity (3 UL credits)
TEEX Cybersecurity for Business Professionals (2 UL free credits , duplicates DSST Cybersecurity )
CSU Global CBE Cloud Computing and Big Data
- CSU Global CBE Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing?
6 credits from any course or test accepted by TESU.
TEEX Cyber Security for Everyone (2 LL credits and free)
TEEX Cybersecurity for IT Professionals (2 UL credits and free)
The rest of the general education requirements are listed in Sanantone's General Education Options