This is a degree map for Thomas Edison State University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Accounting built by DegreeForum.net user sanantone. Please check your specific TESU catalog to ensure the degree requirements match those listed here.
Please note that this degree map only includes the area of study requirements, and you should combine these courses with a general education requirement map (such as Sanantone's General Education Options).
Quantitative Literacy Edit
Six credits are needed.
- College Algebra or Quantitative Analysis: ALEKS (College Algebra or College Algebra with Trigonometry), Straighterline College Algebra, CLEP College Algebra, Saylor Beginning Algebra (transcribed as College Algebra), TECEP College Algebra, CSU Global CBE Quantitative Business Analysis, and UExcel Quantitative Analysis
- Any College-Level Mathematics Course: This includes Intermediate Algebra and Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics. ALEKS might be best option.
Business Core Edit
- Financial Accounting: CLEP, UExcel, TECEP, CSU Global CBE, or Straighterline (Accounting I)
- Managerial Accounting: UExcel, TECEP, CSU Global CBE or Straighterline (Accounting II)
- Principles of Finance: DSST and UExcel
- Business Law: CLEP, UExcel, Straighterline, Saylor (Business Law and Ethics), CSU Global CBE (The Legal and Ethical Environment of Business)
- Business in Society or International Management: TECEP
- Strategic Management: TECEP (can no longer be transferred from outside sources)
- Computer Concepts and Applications/Introduction to Computers/CIS: CLEP (Information Systems and Computer Applications), DSST (Introduction to Computing or Management Information Systems), TECEP Computer Concepts and Applications, and Saylor (Introduction to Computer Science I)
- Introduction to Marketing: CLEP, Saylor, and UExcel
- Principles of Management: CLEP, UExcel ECEP, Saylor, and Straighterline
- Microeconomics: Straighterline, UExcel, TECEP, and CLEP
- Macroeconomics: Straighterline, UExcel, ECEP, and CLEP
- Business/Managerial Communications: Straighterline, Saylor (Corporate Communication), UExcel (Workplace Communication with Computers), TECEP
Accounting Area of Specialization Edit
18 credits required, minimum of 12 upper level credits.
- Intermediate Accounting I – CSU Global CBE, Penn Foster (check for current ACE approval) or Straighterline (Financial Accounting)
- Intermediate Accounting II – CSU Global CBE or Penn Foster
12 UL Credit Options Edit
- TECEP Federal Income Taxation
- Straighterline Managerial Accounting (transcribed as Cost Accounting)
- CSU Global Competency-Based Exams (equivalencies unknown):
- Federal Individual Taxation (might duplicate TECEP)
- Information Systems for Accounting
- Cost Accounting, Business Taxation
- Auditing, Advanced Accounting
- Government and Nonprofit Accounting
Free Electives Edit
6 credits from any course or test accepted by TESU.
The rest of the general education requirements are listed inSanantone's General Education Options