While DegreeForum.net and this Wiki are mostly geared towards providing options for students wishing to complete an Associate's or Bachelor's degree, especially through one of the Big 3 , there has been some interest on alternatives for Graduate level studies in completion of a Graduate Certificate or Master's degree. This page will slowly be evolving to provide some useful information to that end. The purpose of this page is not to provide an exhaustive and comprehensive list of schools and programs that are available at the graduate level but mainly to give students more options than they may currently be aware of.
NOTE: It is strongly recommended that students check with the state and private schools in their location to see what programs they offer and how best they may meet their career goals.
Helpful Online ResourcesEdit
- ClassesUSA - A useful site for information about schools and programs providing graduate level studies online.
- DegreeInfo.com - The unofficial "sister site" of DegreeForum.net that is mostly dedicated to advanced degree beyond the baccalaureate level.
- eLearners.com- A useful site for information about schools and programs providing graduate level studies online.
- GradSchools.com - A useful site for information about schools and programs providing graduate level studies online.
- Resource Development International Ltd A useful site for earning university degrees online
Alternative Sources for Graduate CreditEdit
NOTE: It is critically important that you verify with the school you are going to attend for graduate studies that any courses taken through alternative sources like these will transfer, as well as the maximum number of credit hours that will be accepted. For most of these you might be able to use these courses for electives, but that is determined by your school so check before enrolling!
- Advancement Courses for Teachers (ACT) - online graduate courses normally for licensed teachers offered by a private company partnered with California State University, Monterey Bay Extension. There are unconfirmed reports that anyone can register for these courses. See this discussion for more. Cost is $110/credit.
- American Institute For Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters/The Institutes - ACE-approved business courses and exams (see this pdf for list of graduate level) costing $220 or more (see this page for more information).
- CMR Institute - ACE-approved business and healthcare graduate level courses that cost approximately $150/credit. See this discussion for more information.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) - exam that is accepted at Excelsior College in their business programs for 3 gradute level credits ; check with your school to see if they offer this too.
- Virtual Education Software, Inc. (VESi) - online graduate video courses normally for licensed teachers. Cost varies depending upon partner college/university, normally up to $200 each. See this discussion for more information.